Rainbow Dragonfly

Rainbow Dragonfly
Our Mascot

Friday, May 4, 2012

So Many Decisions!

I have really enjoyed reading the old posts on the blogs I am following, and I am learning so much!  I've been wanting a Class C, but I'm not 100% sure if that is the best way for me to go.  I don't think I want a toad.  I know I want to do some boondocking, and having to pack up everything just to go get groceries and supplies doesn't entice me.  On the other hand, towing my rig from place to place is kind of intimidating, but I can leave it in one place for longer periods of time.  Hmmm.

Of course, money is an issue.  I'm going to be one of those RVing seniors on a shoestring.  I already have a vehicle that can tow a small to medium trailer, but it needs major repairs.  I have a 1978 Terry 21-footer, but it needs major restoration.  I'm thinking that could cost almost as much as just getting a newer rig.  You see why next year is likely the soonest I can hit the road?

Today I'm thinking that if I had a good pickup truck, I could put a truck camper on it for the shorter trips I want to take, and if I fall in love with the lifestyle, trade it in on a 5ver.  Choices can be confusing!

I know I'm not ready to full-time yet.  Also, I will sometimes travel alone (with the Lion, of course!) and sometimes with my husband.  Now that we are both retired, I think I need a solitary trip or three each year, LOL.  I want to head south in the winter, because it is too cold for me up here at 6800+ feet.  I could find a nice RV park in the Phoenix area and visit friends and family, and head to Q for part of the season.  In the summer would be a good time to boondock in the beautiful forest and lake areas here in NE Arizona, and NW New Mexico.  I am really looking forward to that.

Today I am humming "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson.  Love those road songs!
Theresa

4 comments:

  1. Lots of boondockers stock up on their way to a site, and plan not to leave until they break camp. Fill up on groceries, propane, water, Jack Daniels, then again in two weeks.

    A truck camper is my secret desire, but it won't happen while we're hauling six cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know stocking up is important before boondocking, or even going to a park or a campground, but sometimes stuff happens. Especially if I go to Quartzsite I may want to go to town for something, and unless I can catch a ride I'll have to move the rig. That could be a dead easy thing to do, but I haven't experienced it yet :) I tend to worry about things until I've accomplished them. I still have lots of time to work it out in my head LOL.
      Theresa

      Delete
  2. Hey Theresa, thanks for stopping by my blog. We are not full-timers like Barbara and the Good Luck Ducks, but we do enjoy getting out when we can. Lots of decisions ahead for you - just take your time and do your research, then follow your heart. The Ducks and Barbara are great resources for you - and fun to read too!! Welcome to our worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna,
    I don't know if or when I'll full-time. A lot depends on whether we ever sell the house. However, I know I can do a few trips a year, and I'm really looking forward to it.

    Thanks for your comment!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete